Friday, February 01, 2008

Saying Goodbye to SERPS



When you search for "Dayglow" the SERPS make me feel uneasy. Dayglow was the four piece all girl band that I used to front. It was a wonderful four years but something I am trying to not see when I search for my name "Stephanie Weingart". In the SERPS for my name, Dayglow Wiki Page comes up ranking #4. Thank you Liz for making that page.
I do not really want to be known professionally for what I did in Dayglow, but I don't want to completely erase history.

The easy thing to do would be erasing the Dayglow Myspace and the Wikipedia page, however I don't think the other 3 or 4 members of the group would want that as others are still trying to make it in the music biz.

There are still many links around the web with the bands previous URL, www.dayglowmusic.net, but that site has since been erased.... but not totally thanks to the Way Back Machine.

So what should I do?

1 comment:

comehomenow said...

Sorryss....that was kinda my thinking..if someone googles me or the band they will know it was legit....cant you fix your google matches to bring that wiki match down the list when they search your name? or do you need to be a computer wiz to do that?