Saturday, February 24, 2007

Om Namah Sivayah

Blogspot.com has changed formats since the last time I have updated... So I think its time.
I have been home for about a week now. I had spent two weeks at the Sivananda Yoga Ashram in Paradise Island, and I left. Crazy right?

Just to clarify, even though I had an amazing time in the ashram, even though it was brutal and demanding and sometimes even just plain out wrong... one has to be in the right state of mind to be able to go through an experience like that. I went into the retreat with an open mind and a closed heart.. I went to become a Sivananda certified yoga teacher, which I realized I don't want to be. Not that there is anything wrong with them... it's just not something I think I want to be attached to. However, I do want to go back to the ashram and possibly even live there for a few months, but not to be a part of the Divine Life Society...

I made some amazing discoveries on my retreat.. Making the whole thing worth while... First of all I definitely came in touch with a level of spirituality that I did not know exsisted within me. Secondly, I let go of a lot of pain I was holding on to about past events. I learned how to Be Present, and how to exsist in the moment instead of holding on to the things that used to be. There is no point in moving backwards, we can only go foward.

I will probably end up doing my official teacher training in the city at some modern yoga place, only for the business and then go back to Sivananda for the spirituality of it. I spoke to a teacher on the way to the airport who actually told me "You don't come to Sivananda to learn how to teach yoga, you come to learn how to be yoga" ..... and then it all made sense.

This year looks beautifully promising.

No comments: