Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The beautiful and exciting life of a girl band ... See how they grow and flourish...



Here are "The Winks". They have a successful hit called; "Your gonna die". They played the SXSW festival in 2005. They describe themselves as a "Sexy all girl punk group from Texas".

Take a second and think of what is wrong with this.

First of all SXSW is a huge festival. Extremely awesome bands play every year.... this band is NOT awesome...

I take that back... they very well could be "awesome" to somebody but not to me. First of all... I look at them and they are NOT sexy. I do understand the "punk" label as I can see the cherry's that are tattooed on the girl with the pink tank-top's chest. That's most definitely PUNK.


I came acrross this band while I was researching life spans of girl bands. In doing my research they have been through 2 drummers, and have welcomed on various new members. That is what worries me. Girl bands have serious problems. The reason for that is a well known fact at the head offices @ the major labels.

Girl bands don't work.

Can I possibly prove this theory false?

I mean... I really think that if we, meaning Dayglow, would have one stupid attractive guy in our group, who doesn't really voice much opinion, who just stands there and plays some power chords occasionally, we would be signed. Because then, we could please many people. Because I truly believe that there are A LOT of people who do not want girl groups to become more successful than the SXSW festival.

The Winks, these girls probably have a killer following in TX, probably sold a lot of cute punky tank tops @ SXSW but will they get signed.... NO.

No comments: