Saturday, July 18, 2009

Casa - Regional Brazilian Home Cooking : Soho NYC


CASA in Soho, NYC is a Regional Brazilian Home Cooking Restaurant. This was my first time eating Brazilian style food and I was really excited. My boyfriend and his family are from Brazil, so for his mothers birthday, the family met at this restaurant in Soho.

Casa was packed, reservations only for this popular little spot. Parties over 5 people also must order from a Prix Fix menu. We had a party of 9, so this applied to us.

First we started with some drinks, Brazil is famous for their Caipirinha's which is like a rum drink that is traditionally in mint flavor. However I had the National cocktail of Brazil in a Passion fruit flavor.

Raph ordered some "Cheesy Balls" or Pao de Queijo for the table. This is a treat that I always see Raph eat but have never tried myself. This was DELICIOUS. It is like a fried ball of bitter cheddar. Soo yummy.

For my 1st Course, I ordered Yucca Sticks with Parmesan cheese. These sticks tasted like a healthier, more rich version of French Fries. They came with a spicy green sauce that was just the right amount of kick.

For my 2nd Course, I ordered the fish fillet with rice, beans, vegetables, and a sweet cooked banana. Anyone who knows me knows that I am very very particular about only eating bananas that are at Room temperature... but this was amazing!!! It was like dessert. It was dipped in sugar and cinnamon and then fried.

My overall thoughts on my first Brazilian dinner experience was great!! I am dreaming of going to Brazil and really have a full on experience. I had an amazing time at Casa and definitely recommend anyone interesting in eating there to go try it out.

No comments: