Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Going to PubCon Las Vegas 2007!

Recently I have been looking into taking Internet marketing classes at Baruch College, they offer many night classes as part of their Marketing Certification program. It was really affordable, but not something I saw myself being able to commit to at the moment due to after work activities.
I found out about PubCon in Las Vegas and at first thought that I wasn't ready to attend such a grand event. But, why should I think that?? The site, clearly states:

"Who should attend?

If you are involved in the production, marketing, or management of a internet web site - this is a must attend event.

Topic Areas To Be Addressed and Discussed:

* Search Engine Marketing, Optimization, Advertising, and Usage.
* Website Publishing. Technical grit as well as overall management.
* Website, domain, and Ecommerce site management.
"

During the time of the convention I will be managing 3 websites (2 being E-Commerce)and overseeing the development. I have really learned a lot just through eBooks alone, but of course I'm still a novice. I work side by side now with a development company and they have taught me so much.
I might not write code for my websites, but I have A LOT to do with every little thing. It's become something I have a real passion for and I want to absorb it all! What better way than by just jumping in. I really look forward to this convention being extremely educational as well as a way to meet people who are doing what I want to do.
At first I was a bit intimidated by going to something like this, but having the support of my employer and the drive to learn more has definitely made me very confident that it will be tremendous for me. Also, it will definitely prep me for my Certificate in Internet Marketing.
I'm very excited but also very nervous. This will be my first ever business trip and I will be going alone to Las Vegas for 4 nights! I'm not so much interested in the night life part of it (I know this sounds like a lie), but more interested in waking up by 7:30 to be able to attend all the speeches on topics like: Brand Management, Affiliate Strategies and Content Strategies, Eccomerce and Shopping Cart Optimization, Word of Mouth Marketing, Press and Public Relation Campaigns, Travel Sites, and more...
I booked the Las Vegas Hilton which is a short walk from the Convention Center with hopes of networking with other people who are attending the convention. My plans are not to drink or gamble but to mingle and learn. I look at PubCon as a huge opportunity to learn and create.

In other news, I created a new Facebook group for the web design contest for Ratlot.com. Please Join & Spread the word.

No comments: