Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Welcome to the team...

Today I had my second interview for the position of Website Manager at Flower Publishing with Peter Flowers. I will definitely be wearing a lot of hats at this position. I absolutely love the job and the company. One of the clients is actually a Sivananda Yoga Teacher. I will be training tomorrow and I will be starting the day I come back from Retreat.

The site I will be managing and optimizing for are www.nycpocket.com as well as a few other sites that are big and are about to launch. I have so many ideas like blogging, bookmarking, optimizing, marketing. I will have to gain clients and market our product the best I can. I know I will be so good at this job. It's basically everything I have ever wanted to do.

I love working in Midtown. Ever since I left Shakespeare Mailing, I have missed the daily grind, the mid-day coffee boost, the Time Square crackheads and prostitutes. I love it all. I have never felt so positive in the past year.

I recently began to move all of my things, clothing, furniture, etc. It feels like the right thing to do. I will be able to save money and hopefully never have to rent again. Unfortunately, we had to leave Rory Gallagher behind... but he will be back.

I have 3 days left of work at The Music Zoo. I have to honestly say that I am sorry to be leaving. I love my family at the Zoo and the work I did was very demanding and challenging but there is always a time to move on when something is not 100% right for you, as New York City Pocket Guide is for me.

I will miss all of the friends I have made. Especially Joe V, Michelle, Nicole and Tim. I feel like I could have been closer friends with the four of them. We had a strong bond and every time we hung out outside of work, we had a blast. I will definitely keep up with all of the Dang-it Bobby's shows. "Trust me" is by far one of the sweetest songs I have ever heard.

I am going shopping tomorrow at H&M for new Casual Business attire after I train. Later on I will meet with Joe to see an Oblique Sound event downtown. I will surely take tons of pictures of the city and things that interest me. I will post more about the job and the beautiful island of Manhattan.

Goodnight

No comments: