Saturday, July 07, 2007

7..7...07

Paradise Island, Bahamas has been a very important place in my life. It is a place where I learned many life lessons, both times I have visited. It's a place where I discovered the power of going within. It is probably one of the most beautiful places I will ever have visited in my whole life. I do plan on going back a few times. But I have made a huge decision to go back to an undetermined place to finish my TTC (Teacher Training Course) with Sivananda Yoga.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket The sitting/ eating area at Sivananda. Joe spent a lot of time reading his book.
I split my pictures up between two different cameras, so my blogging about the Bahamas might be unorganized. Please play close attention to the details.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Here is Joe and I at the dock in Nassua Bahamas. It was the only time somebody offered to take a picture of us.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Here is where Bahamians showed and sold their wood art. During Feb TTC, my friend Scott bought a beautiful carving of an OM based on my tattoo and contributed it to the Ashram.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Here is Straw Market in Cable Beach Bahamas.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket A shot of the view from our room at the Sheraton Beach Resort in Cable Beach.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket This is where I kept to the theme of a yogic vacation on the balcony of our room at the Sheraton Beach Resort.

Quick Side Note- 4 days into our stay at the ashram we came to a mutual decision to do it big and stay at the Sheraton for Air Conditioning, good food, pools and luxury. Ashram life can be a bit overwhelming. I will leave it at that.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
We ate buffet meals at the resort and the food was amazing. Since it was also so expensive, we decided to eat as much as possible.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket I even went wayyy off my diet and ate some cookies and chocolate fondue with dried apricots!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Wayyyy off the diet... enjoying lots of Kalik Beer which is the beer of the Bahamas. It tastes a lot like Corona. Notice the Anthony Rapp memoir in the top left corner. I read this book during the trip and I cannot wait to see him preform in Rent in a few weeks!!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket When we left the Bahamas, it was a crazy storm.... which made it a nightmare coming back to JFK where they held our bags overnight because of the weather.

I have a lot more pictures that will be in the next post. They are saved on another computer and I cannot access them at the moment.. unfortunately.

The weekend after we came back we took a road trip with my father and his friend Miguel. We went to Philly to see the Mets play the Phillies. It was an awesome stadium and an awesome game in which the Mets won!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This past Friday I hung out with Liz and had a great time. We did a little shopping and I found Pashminas on 7th Ave for $5.00. They were fake of course but still good for me. Then we went to Barnes & Noble and I got a new planner and made Liz buy the Anthony Rapp memoir since she will also be seeing Rapp's return to Broadway.. or rather his return to Rent.

I lost my camera battery charger so I ordered a new one from Amazon which I'm soo disappointed about because today we went to the Queens Zoo and alas... I have no photos from it.

We had a great time at the Zoo. We walked around and saw all the animals and it was a perfect day. We came back and had a nice BBQ. Tomorrow we are having Brunch with the families and then going to Macy's!!

I will post tomorrow with the rest of the pictures and more details on my new exciting employment!

No comments: